Help caring for mother - need a dementia assessment and caregiver

My mother has just moved into independent living in her own villa at Shoal Bay. She needs a referral to get a Dementia assessment, but refuses to do this. I rang her Doctor and she said that I need to apply on line. I am not sure how to do this.

My mother also needs help with a carer coming into her home and helping her sort out mail, housework and paying bills.

My mother has always suffered from high stress and high blood pressure, she is always exhausted and forgets and looses everything.

Her and I have a toxic relationship, as she abuses me and gets really angry with me for no reason.

I am the only sibling that has always been there for her, helping her with everything, but she also resents me, as she thinks that I am taking over and treat her like she is stupid.

I take over behind the scenes, as she does not remember appointments or doctor visits etc.

She has also been very sick for weeks now with the flu, and depression and stays in bed all day. Not eating properly.

I work full-time and try and help as much as I can.

I had a meeting with the staff at Shoal Bay, and they said that I need to apply for all the services that they can offer my Mom.

Could you please help me, as I am not sure on what to do.

Many thanks


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Taking Care of Elderly Parents.