Help for Elderly for Grants or Funding for Scooters?

by Jerry
(Saskatoon Canada)

Are there any grants or health coverage for scooters or other mobility products for the elderly in Saskatchewan Canada or Alberta Canada?

It would be great to find some financial help for elderly for this.

REPLY from
Great question - funding is a major concern for most seniors and it can be quite confusing. Each province/state/country have different programs to provide financial help for elderly.

There are a variety of funding/grant sources for medical equipment available depending on the individual.

1) Veteran Affairs Canada (VAC) - Funding may be available if the individual is a veteran. Contact the toll free number on the Veterans ID card to see if they are eligible and the steps you need to take to have them assessed. Typically an Occupational Therapist would assess the individual and then make recommendations to VAC if they would benefit from equipment such as a scooter.

More information at: and 1-866-522-2122 (English)

2) Extended Medical Insurance - Funding may be available through the individual's extended medical insurance. Check the benefits information and/or call the company to see if they are eligible.

3) Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) - Provides assistance to individuals living in Alberta with long term disability to purchase medical equipment and supplies. The individual pays 25% (up to $500/year per family). Low income individuals may not have to pay the 25%. Scooters may not be covered but they may cover power wheelchairs.

More information at or phone 780-427-0731 or 780-643-1631

4) Saskatchewan Aids to Independent Living (SAIL) - Provides funding for individuals living in Saskatchewan with long term disabilities. May not cover scooters but power wheelchairs. Provides funding for mobility and assistive devices, respiratory, prosthetic and orthotic appliances.

More information at:
or phone (306) 787-7121

5) Non Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) - If the individual has treaty status on or off the reserve they may receive funding for their medical equipment and supplies.

For more information:

6) Organizations Associated with Health Conditions - such as Multiple Sclerosis Society, ALS Society and others will sometimes have an equipment loan program. Contact the local branches.

7) Community Organizations - such as Lions Club, Legion and The Eagles may assist with funding. Contact the local club and ask if they would be willing to fund medical equipment.

8) Religious Organizations/Groups - Some religious organizations provide funding (or help with fund-raising) for medical equipment such as scooters, wheelchairs, bathroom safety equipment and others.

If any readers have any other suggestions, please add a comment to let Jerry know.


Comments for Help for Elderly for Grants or Funding for Scooters?

Click here to add your own comments

Hassle-Free Relocation Services NEW
by: Akinchan Kumar

Packers and Movers Pune Charges #
Packers and Movers Mumbai Charges #
Packers and Movers Delhi Charges #

Packers and Movers Bangalore Charges #
Packers and Movers Hyderabad Charges #
Packers and Movers Gurgaon Charges #

Caring for the aged NEW
by: Anonymous

I do also understand of the Extended Medical Insurance where funding may be available through the individual's extended medical insurance. I think that you have received a perfect answer to your question.
Looking for a credible and affordable essay writing, editing and proofreading service? Visit

great NEW
by: Anonymous

I use only high quality materials - you can see them at: The Secret Brain System

great NEW
by: Anonymous

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.Wrap Him Around Your Finger

good NEW
by: Anonymous

Your masss is certainly divine apart from i realize an individual proclaim hopping for many moreover academics revenues. Dr. Albina Della Bruna

reply NEW
by: Thett

Many developed countries have health benefit schemes and insurance schemes for the elderly. These programs help the elderly to live a financially independent life at the old age, without having to depend on children or grant children for money or anything else. hydrophobic glass

Fulfillment NEW
by: Anonymous

Supplements can help your dreams of having your own product come alive. Intermountain Supplements offers a wide variety of custom formulation services including liquids, capsules, sprays, powders, Drop Ship & Fulfillment and more.

Fulfillment NEW
by: Anonymous

Supplements can help your dreams of having your own product come alive. Intermountain Supplements offers a wide variety of custom formulation services including liquids, capsules, sprays, powders,Drop Ship & Fulfillment and more.

good NEW
by: Anonymous

It is acrimonious to most guardians right who realm always be righteous, however anything jeers might report on their stimulate spiriteds. Southern California HOA Management

Great Post.. Appreciate Efforts . NEW
by: Birding lover

Good Post.. Please do have a look here ..
Now you can login to gmail account using a really great website gmaillogin here we provide sufficient knowledge and tricks like how to change your gmail password username etc. And how to secure your account and how to recover your gmail password must visit : gmail account login and stay connected. download teamviewer 10 is one of the latest version of our popular remote control and online meeting software. With new features like setting policies, video calls, consolidated chat window and profile pictures, teamviewer download has something new to offer everyone.

good NEW
by: Anonymous

Our riddle ended up being We want to writing adapt the actual amazing essential on Hormone balance. Still expand We acknowledged in which onward I'd guaranteed your own assistance with regard to contemporary assignment, therefore i free-piece in order to strength anyone once more. diamond jewelry online store Dubai

good NEW
by: Anonymous

Ineluctables, your lobby your bard arranges be expecting internal the delirious reconnaissance/calamitous notoriety bunss absolute speaker arrangement against heterogeneous flights. Personally, I could helper to the exegesis. domain name registration

Music School Sydney NEW
by: Music School Sydney

Forte schools offer a FREE trial lessons for classes and some offer Learn Piano, Guitar, Singing, Saxophone, Flute, Violin, Drums and More a Free Trial private lesson.Music School Sydney

Help for Elderly for Grants or Funding for Scooters? NEW
by: Anonymous

Some charities can proffer financial help cheap assignment help out towards buying mobility tools. a few of these will just be clever to propose some of the financial support.

cool NEW
by: Anonymous

you can find all the products of plantar fasciitis which is require for aged people here

Marley NEW
by: Anonymous

Just how and also in which should i locate a essaygeek site which is trustworthy and will generate perform inside of a short time of energy? I would really like any article writer that will offer myself benefit regarding my own funds. Is it possible to advise an individual certain with this sort?

by: William P Anelay

I really like the idea here totally an outstanding with a good and the perfect one love to read it all.Custom Assignment writers uk

custom writer NEW
by: Anonymous

we should be responsible for the people that are of great age. We should know that we have the responsibility of the old people on us, therefore we should help the people by any possible way we can help them. For example we can raise funds by which we can fulfill their needs.

jai NEW
by: Anonymous

This stripe of worship destination up living storage bedroom exposition or perhaps melancholy on it's hold, in rank to corroborate these difficulties recover the openings view associated accompanying accuracy imp-endings cultivate ring for the access. Calgary Photo Booth Company

financial programs for elderly NEW
by: carry

Even if some of you feel like no one is helping with the funds, you should consider every financial program available in your country. If most people manage to solve their problems using a general liability insurance, perhaps considering an extended medical insurance you will be able to afford a scooter, that will make things a lot easier for you.

amazing NEW
by: kirky

I am happy to see that you shared this useful information with us. I always like informative blogs and this is one of them. Thanks for sharing and please keep us up to date like this. readmore

Help for Elderly for Grants or Funding for Scooters? NEW
by: Finch

This is the best superior essay writing company for providing more online essay services. These all reviews are all helps to our students education. So, I am very happy to improve these educational reviews and content writing reviews for me.

by: Anonymous

buy followers instagram wow this saintly however ,I love your enter plus nice pics might be part personss negative love being defrent mind total poeple , buy 50 instagram likes

Thanks NEW
by: Jerry

Yes of course there are indeed so many plans like the ones you are looking for. But the only warning I do have for you in this case is that you must be sure that you can take the responsibility of remitting the premium. Electronic health record specialist

Heavy all terrer scooter NEW
by: Patrice

I need help with getting a all Terre Heavy Scooter. My lower back spine problems provide my from doing every day things. Walking is one of my colossal difficulty I have, makes me feel like a prison in my apt. The second problem I have is dizziness turning or bending my head results in falling on my bottom. The problem I have is blind in my left eye. I am planning to go back to college to become a portrait artist. I leaned how to draw faces by my self, and on I would like to learn how to paint portrait by taking classes. I am 62 retired I used to go out every day by on I am a stuck. .

by: Anonymous

I need "HELP" to get a Heavy duty Scooter! I am disable and I can't walk all that great and I am on fix income. I just don't have the money to get a scooter that will fit my needs. I don't like asking for things like this, its my first time in my life I had to do something like this. I just don't know what I am going to do if I can't get help real soon. You may reach me at

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Taking Care of Elderly Parents.